Sunday, August 23, 2020

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

     I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak



I Am The Messenger is about a nineteen year old boy named Ed Kennedy who is challenged to help those around him. He is given different assignments through different playing cards. While he used those cards, he learned to face his fears.

    When I read the book, the beginning was a little confusing to me because each chapter included different story lines and didn't add up to the whole plot of the book. Overall, it wasn't a bad book. I would highly recommend this book if you are interested in books by Markus Zusak.

2 comments:

  1. Although the book has a vague description, it is visible that Ed Kennedy is still trying to find himself. Being as young as he is, he still has fears that he has to conquer but he is also trying to help the people around him as well. He needs to learn that before he can help others he needs to help himself, demonstrating that the struggle within him can be related to many other readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When reading this book, I was intrigue by what was happening. The main character(Ed) was very helpful to others and mostly only cared about that. He goes through a lot of situations that are entertaining. The author does a great job of explaining situations in the book. This book is filled with adventure and very is interesting. I liked reading it.

    ReplyDelete