Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Stronger Than A Bronze Dragon

Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon by Mary Fan, is about a girl named Liang Anlei who lives in a village that gets attacked by shape-shifting shadow type creatures called Ligui. Liang’s village is losing people daily to the attacks, so when Viceroy Kang shows up and asks for her hand in marriage and a special relic called the river pearl in exchange for protection she says yes. Liang changes her mind and then the river pearl gets stolen, and Liang follows the thief and discovers that the thief is a man named Tai who also needs the River Pearl to defeat the Demon King Mowag.

Liang and Tai go on journey to the Courts of Hell to defeat the Demon King Mowag. On their way back home they find out that Liang’s village was destroyed by the Ligui. Wanting to protect her village she accepts Kang’s hand in marriage. Liang and Tai find out that Kang has been trapping spirits called Yueshen and turning them into Ligui. To find out what happens and if there is a happy ending, you’ll have to read the book.

I enjoyed reading this story and felt the characters and story were well developed.  From reading the blurb of the story, I was hoping to see more of the magic, mechanical dragons and air-shapes but I wasn’t disappointed at the end of the book.  I would recommend this book to readers looking for an action story.

 

7 comments:

  1. This book seems like it is right up my alley. I love just about any fantasy novels, especially ones having to do with demons and other creatures. It also seems like it has a lot of action and mystery involved which makes it all the more appealing to me. I would definitely like to read this book at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems like it is right up my alley because I like scary novels. I like to play video games that have crazy creatures and killers. The trapping of the spirits part of it looks very interesting and I am definitely considering reading it. It looks like an action story and those are can be my favorite types of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this book is interesting to me because it's part of like a horror genre and just reading these small paragraphs makes me want to read the book. It's interesting when a guy that would want to marry her, trapped spirits to make the creature and finding out what she does after that, is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is something that i would love to read during my free time, i love books that have some darkness in them. This would make me g to bed late at night so i could get the last detail before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really interesting from your description. It seems mysterious and dark. I like the cliff hanger in your post it makes me want to read the book and find out whats going to happen .This sounds like something I would be interested in reading for my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds interesting to me because i love anything about dragons. I’m so curious on what could happen. it’s comforting to know that you think that the characters are well developed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the kind of book I would definitely read. I do like mythical type books and one of my favorites are dragons. I like how you described the book to where you kind of make me want to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete