Monday, July 9, 2018

Books from The Hart, (Ms. Hart, That Is)


 
Recommendation from Ms. Hart, Jon Krakauer's Into the Wild



This is an exciting, moving nonfiction biography that reads like an adventure novel.  It is one of my favorites.  You find yourself connecting with the main character, Christopher McCandless- at times you want to applaud him, and at times you want to shout at him to stop, but always, you want to continue on by his side.  The addition of getting snippets from the books Christopher was inspired by adds to the whole experience.  This book has stuck with me over the years and I still feel connected to Christopher McCandless.









2 comments:

  1. I really like this book because I like to read about amazing real life expierences. The beginning really got me hooked to it because it started towards the middle of his huge adventure. Although the book did make me a little sad because he met so many great people and told them that he would contact them after his Alaska voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a book similar to Into The Wild which is called Brian’s Winter, by Gary Paulsen. These books are similar because of how they both are books about adventure. Brian faces hardship while trying to survive in the woods by himself in the freezing weather. He uses the one item he has which is his hatchet, to create a bow, a shelter and also winter clothes. If you enjoyed reading Into The Wild, then I highly recommend you read Brian’s Winter.

    ReplyDelete