Monday, July 16, 2018

Ghost

Ghost by Jason Reynolds

By Jonathan Baig


"I felt like the shot - loudest sound I ever heard - made my legs move even faster. I don't know if that's even possible" 


Image result for ghost by jason reynolds

   Ghost is a fictional book written by Jayson Reynolds and has won the award-winning young adult novel.


The book Ghost is about a boy named Castle Cranshaw in the middle school whose life is miserable ever since his dad went to Jail for trying to shoot him and his mom. His mom is working all night and day trying to keep them happy and earn money.


Ghost (or Castle ) always gets bullied in school because of the way he dresses and how his mom cuts his hair. Castle has some anger issues and always gets in trouble because people teasing him and him throwing hands on them.


One day Castle sees a group of kids practice for track and asks the coach if he could try racing the fasted person and coach judges him by the way he is dressed and thinks he's a slow person but surprisingly he beats the fasted kid on the team and gets in the track team and things started getting better for him until he did something really bad.


I personally think the book is an amazing book it teaches that "fear must be faced" and that you can't run away from your problems and that shouldn't cause problems in your life to slow or weigh you down from what you have to do in life or complete your dream.


I also like this book because it has to do with running and not running just for track team it all's teachers how to run and achieve your dream, better future, and career. I also did track and that was great and I like to run which made me attached to the book easier. I also like to run to achieve my goal in life and if you like running and have a dream you want to achieve it then you should like this book too.


 I would defiantly recommend this book to young students. The book is GREAT!        




4 comments:

  1. Very nice blogs and your review's
    Hope it will help to you and many other to achieve their dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog it is really great. It inspired me to achieve my dream in life. It does not matter what kind of situation I will keep running for my dream in life. Thank you so much for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have heard of this book , but now, after Jonoathaan's review, I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for recommending this book; Ghost really inspired me. I learned that sometimes when I am feeling sad about something that isn't that important I shouldn't be; considering that Castle/Ghost went through all of the terrible things he goes through but ends up getting past them. I would really recommend this book for teens in middle school and early high school; such as freshman and maybe sophmores.

    ReplyDelete